Quick Start Guide
The Mio Modero
R-4 remote (FG148-04) provides custom control features,
including a full-color touchscreen, contained in an elegant handheld
rechargeable device. The R-4 communicates with a NetLinx master via a
network. Use TPDesign4 (TPD4) to program this device. The
R-4 uses a mini-USB port for transferring programming files.
Note: The R-4 requires the latest versions of the TPDesign4 application, and the
AMX USB LAN driver (available for download from www.amx.com):
• TPDesign4 - v2.7 (build 545 or higher)
• AMX USB LAN - v2.01.05 (or higher)
Touch And Tilt Sensor
The Mio R-4 wakes up upon touching either the chrome side rails or pressing a
button. If the remote times out when holding it, you can reawaken the device by
tilting it. Errant jostling, such as a bumped table, will not wake the device unless
you are holding it.
Inserting the Lithium-Ion Battery Into The Mio R-4
To install your Lithium-Ion battery into the Mio R-4:
1. Flip and turn the Mio R-4 so that the buttons are facing away from you and
the device is upside down.
2. Holding the device in both hands, place your thumbs on the battery door
and slide the battery door free.
3. Connect the terminal end of the Lithium-Ion battery to the port shown in
FIG. 2. It may be necessary to use a thin, blunt non-conductive object to
seat the battery connector fully within its port. (Note: Make sure that the
battery wires run alongside the battery in the compartment as shown in
FIG. 2. Otherwise, the wires may be damaged or the battery door may not
4. Replace the battery door, and slide it to lock it in place.
Installing a Supported Language Keypad
1. Remove the battery door (See Inserting the Lithium-Ion Battery Into the
Mio R-4) and remove the battery.
2. Unscrew the 6 screw points.
3. Turn the unit over so the buttons are facing you.
4. Lift the top assembly away from the PCB.
5. If necessary, push out the standard buttons from the front of the top assem-
6. Drop in your language pad and verify the alignment with the guide posts on
7. Place the top assembly back down on the PCB and return the unit over,
exposing the 6 screw points.
8. Tighten the 6 screw points.
9. Reinstall the battery, replace the battery door, and slide the door to lock it in
Using the Programming Jack on the Mio R-4
The programming jack located on the back of the Mio R-4 (FIG. 2) is used for
communication between the device and TPDesign4. The programming jack
uses a CC-USB Programming cable, USB to mini USB (FG10-5965). You can
order the programming cable from AMX if you do not have one. While loading
your configuration file, make sure the device is situated in the charging cradle.
1. From the System Settings page of the Protected Settings Menu (see
Protected Settings), set the Master Connection to USB.
FIG. 1 Mio Modero R-4 Remote
Mio R-4 (FG148-04) Specifications
Battery Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
• ZigBee RF wireless network
• 100 feet (30.48m).
Memory • 32 Mbytes of FLASH
• 64 Mbytes of SDRAM
1 - Power
2 - Guide
3 - Exit
4 - Menu
5 - Information
6 - Move Up
7 - Move Down
8 - Move Left
9 - Move Right
10 - Select
11 - Volume Up
12 - Volume Down
13 - Channel Up
14 - Channel Down
15 - Last Viewed
16 - Mute
17 - Input
18 - Enter
19 - Back/Home
20 - Up/Down Touch Screen Navigation
Mio R-4 (FG148-04) Specifications (Cont.)
Top Components • LED - blue backlit buttons indicate device is awake
• LCD - high resolution (240x320) 76800 pixels with
backlight and touch overlay
• Pushbuttons - the power button is red backlit; the rest
are blue backlit buttons. 29 buttons total
Rear Components • Programming Port
• Battery Door
• Rechargeable Battery Connection
Dimensions (HWD) 9.50 x 2.00 x .74 (241.3 mm x 50.8 mm x 18.80 mm)
• Simplified Chinese
Certifications: • FCC
Weight • .45 lbs (20 g) without batteries
• .55 lbs (25 g) with batteries
• Operating Temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
• Storage Temperature: -20° to 70° C (-4° to 158° F)
Included Items • Mio-RBP Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery (FG147-10)
Optional Keypads: • MIO-R4-KP-ITALIAN (FG148-141)
• MIO-R4-KP-FRENCH (FG148-142)
• MIO-R4-KP-ARABIC (FG148-143)
• MIO-R4-KP-CHINESE (FG148-144)
• CC-USB Programming cable (FG10-5965)
• Mio-RCC Charging Base (FG147-02) with power supply