TELEPHONE: (800) 876-3333
FAX (800) 765-3435
©2012 Atlas Sound L.P. All rights reserved. Atlas Sound is a trademark of Atlas Sound L.P. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All specs are subject to change without notice. ATS004329 RevA 5/12
1601 JACK MCKAY BLVD.
ENNIS, TEXAS 75119 U.S.A.
Optional Mic/Line Input Module For AA Series Model AA120M
The AA-ML is an accessory input module for the AA120M. When inserted into the AA120M it can used as an additional Line or Mic input. It features
a level control, RCA summing jacks for line level signals, Phoenix style input for mic level signals, defeatable 18V phantom power supply, remote VCA
level control, and a speech filter with high pass 300Hz @ 6dB (only functional in mic position).
1. Disconnect the amp from the AC power source.
2. Remove cover from Input 6.
3. Select Input 6 Dipswitch #5 setting. Refer to the AA120M owner's manual on page 8 for information on proper setting. For the AA-ML, we
suggest the Mix Bus position.
4. Decide on the function of the module.
a. For Line input, place jumpers on the AA-ML to the "AUX" pins (see drawing below). Set mic phantom pins to "OFF" and speech filter pins to "OFF".
b. For Mic input, place jumpers on the AA-ML to the "Mic" pins (see drawing below). Decide if you need phantom power for the mic and set
the jumper accordingly. Decide if you need speech filter and set the jumper accordingly. Note: Speech filter only affects mic input.
5. Insert module into card slot. Secure with two screws.
6. Adjust module output level to Input 6. You will need to calibrate the module level, input 6 level, and master level for proper operation.
7. Remote Level Operation can be accomplished by using the AAVC-10K accessory. Connect the 2 wires of the AAVC-10K to the Phoenix
connector on the amp labeled VCA. Note: There is no polarity to the wiring.
8. Refer to the owner’s manual of the amplifier and the AAVC-10K instructions for proper settings.
Microphone Input: 600Ω Balanced
Line Input: 10KΩ Unbalanced
Microphone/Line Switch: (PCB Jumper)
Mic Input Phantom Power: +18(PCB Jumper)
Mic Low-Cut Filter: -10dB at 100Hz (PCB Jumper)
Output Level Control: Front Panel Screwdriver Adjust
Remote Volume Control Mic and Line: 10KΩ
Terminations: Mic Input = Phoenix terminals, Remote Volume = Phoenix terminals, Line/AUX = Dual RCA Summing Jacks
Illustration 1: Jumper Locations