WE WANT YOU TO ASSEMBLE AND USE YOUR SMOKER AS SAFELY AS POSSIBLE.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS SAFETY ALERT SYMBOL
IS TO ATTRACT YOUR ATTENTION TO POSSIBLE HAZARDS AS YOU ASSEMBLE AND USE YOUR SMOKER.
WHEN YOU SEE THE SAFETY ALERT SYMBOL, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE INFORMATION WHICH FOLLOWS!
READ ALL SAFETY WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
BEFORE ASSEMBLING AND OPERATING YOUR SMOKER.
• This smoker is to be used outdoors only. Do not operate this smoker indoors or in an enclosed area.
• Do not use this smoker in the rain or on wet surfaces. Do not immerse cord, plug or electric element in water or other liquids.
Keep this smoker and all electrical appliances away from swimming pools, hot tubs, etc. Hazard of electrical shock if used on a wet
surface, in the rain or if appliance has been exposed to moisture.
• For household use only. Do not use this product for other than its intended purpose.
• To prevent accidental electrical shock, this smoker should always be used on a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlet or
• Always use a 3-wire grounded outlet wired for 120 volts which is GFCI protected at 15 or 20 amps. If in doubt, contact a qualified
electrician. Do not operate this smoker with any other appliance or electrical device on the same circuit.
• The smoker is turned “ON” by plugging cord into electric outlet. There is no ON/OFF control switch. Before plugging unit into
electric outlet, smoker should be completely set up with flavoring wood in place, liquid in water pan, meat on grills and dome lid on
smoker. Always turn the unit “OFF” by unplugging cord from outlet when adding water and wood or when finished cooking.
• Do not use an extension cord unless absolutely necessary. If you must use one, the following care should be exercised:
a. Use the shortest length possible. Use a 12/3 or 14/3 grounded-type extension cord with a rating of at least 15 amps.
b. The cord should be marked with suffix letter “W-A” and with a tag stating “Suitable for Use with Outdoor Appliances.”
c. Keep cord connection dry and off the ground. Appliance and/or extension cord should be placed in such a manner so it will not
be tripped over, tugged on by children or pets. Do not allow cord to touch hot surfaces.
• Do not operate this smoker if:
a. The cord or plug is damaged.
b. The electric element has been damaged in any manner.
c. The smoker has malfunctioned.
d. The smoker has been exposed to moisture or if grease and drippings were not cleaned from element after each use. Refer to
“Proper Care & Maintenance” section of this manual.
e. There is any damage to the smoker. (Return the smoker with prior return authorization number to The Brinkmann Corporation
for examination, repair or replacement.)
f. The GFCI circuit trips when the electric element is plugged into the electric outlet.
• Proper clearance of 5 feet between the smoker and combustible construction should be maintained at all times when this product
is in use.
• In windy weather, this product should be located in an outdoor area that is protected from the wind.
• Do not leave smoker unattended when in use.
• Do not place smoker on or near a gas or electric burner, or a heated oven.
• Do not store or use smoker near gasoline or other flammable liquids, gases or where flammable vapors may be present.
• Use smoker only on a hard, level, noncombustible, stable surface (concrete, ground, etc.). Never use smoker on wooden or other
surfaces that could burn.
• A drip pan/ash guard will not prevent fires from occurring on a wooden or other combustible surface. A drip pan/ash guard is
designed for use with a smoker for easy clean up of drippings that can cause discoloration of surface and to catch falling ashes
• Smoker should be placed in an area where children and pets cannot come into contact with unit. Close supervision is necessary
when this smoker is in use.