READ AND SAVE THESE
BEFORE USING THIS AIR
When using electrical appliances, basic
precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and
injury to persons, including the following:
1. Read all instructions before operating the air
2. Place air purifier where it is not easily knocked
over by persons in the household.
3. Always turn the air purifier controls to the OFF
position and unplug from the wall outlet when
not in use.
4. To disconnect the model HHT-080 series air
purifiers, first turn the control to the OFF
position, grip the plug and pull it from the wall
outlet. To disconnect the model HHT-100 series
air purifiers, press the Power button to turn the
unit off, grip the plug and pull it from the wall
outlet. Never pull by the cord.
5. Do not use any product with a damaged cord
or plug or if product malfunctions, is dropped
or damaged in any manner. Keep the cord
away from heated surfaces.
6. Do not use air purifier outdoors.
7. Never use air purifier unless it is fully
8. Do not run power cord under carpets, and do
not cover with throw rugs. Arrange cord such
that it will not be tripped over.
9. Do not use air cleaner where combustible
gases or vapors are present.
10. Do not expose the air purifier to rain, or use
near water, in a bathroom, laundry area or
other damp location.
11. The air purifier must be used in its upright
12. Do not allow foreign objects to enter ventilation
or exhaust opening as this may cause electric
shock or damage to the air purifier. Do not
block air outlets or intakes.
13. Locate air purifier near the outlet and avoid
using an extension cord.
14. This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade
is wider than the other). To reduce the risk of
shock, this plug is intended to fit only one way
in a polarized outlet. If the plug does not fit
fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still
does not fit, contact a qualified electrician.
DO NOT attempt to defeat this safety feature.
15. A loose fit between the AC outlet (receptacle)
and plug may cause overheating and a
distortion of the plug. Contact a qualified
electrician to replace loose or worn outlet.
16. Do not sit, stand or place heavy objects on the
17. Disconnect power supply before servicing.
WARNING: To Reduce The Risk of Fire or
Electric Shock, Do Not Use This Air Purifier
With Any Solid-State Speed Control Device.
For Model Series
HHT-080 and HHT-100
HHT-080_HHT-100_OM_Rev0.qxd 7/11/05 5:12 PM Page 1