Congratulations on your purchase of this six-component
universal remote. This universal remote controls up to six
electronic components and makes juggling remote controls
a thing of the past. Your remote is guaranteed to work with
all brands of components. This remote is unusually versatile
because it has two AUX keys that you can program to control
any video component. The six-component universal remote is
easy to use, easy to program, and gives you control at the touch
of your ﬁngertips.
SAVE THIS MANUAL AND THE CODE LISTS!
Remote controls can sometimes lose their programming when you
change the batteries. Make sure you keep the manual and code lists in
a safe place so that you can reprogram the remote if you need to.
Tip: The six-component universal remote is already programmed
to operate most RCA, GE, and PROSCAN branded TVs, VCRs,
DVD players, and satellite receivers. Just press the corresponding
key—DVD for a DVD player, TV for a television, SAT•CBL for a
satellite receiver, etc.
Battery Installation and Information
Your universal remote requires two AAA alkaline batteries
(batteries may or may not be included, depending on model).
To install the batteries:
1. Remove the battery compartment
2. Insert the batteries, matching the
(+) and (–) marks inside the battery
3. Push the battery cover back into place.
Note: If you are replacing batteries, try not to press any keys after
you’ve taken the old batteries out. Pressing keys while replacing
batteries causes the remote to lose the components you’ve programmed.
You will need to program the remote again.
• Do not mix old and new batteries.
• Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable (nickel-
• Always remove old, weak or worn-out batteries promptly and recycle or
dispose of them in accordance with Local and National Regulations.
Your universal remote control saves battery power by
automatically turning off if any key is pressed for more than
60 seconds. This saves your battery life should your remote
get stuck in a place where the keys remain depressed, such as
between sofa cushions.
The INPUT and — (dash) key has three
functions, it (1) toggles through all the video or
audio sources connected to your TV or audio
component; (2) toggles between VCR and the
TV input; (3) lets you separate the main channel
number from the sub-channel number in digital
Universal Remote Control
Manual del Propietario (parte posterior)
Care and Maintenance
• Keep the remote dry. If it gets wet, wipe it dry immediately.
• Use and store the remote only in normal temperature
• Handle the remote gently and carefully. Don’t drop it.
• Keep the remote away from dust and dirt.
• Wipe the remote with a damp cloth occasionally to keep it
• Modifying or tampering with the remote’s internal components
can cause malfunction and invalidate its warranty.