When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should always be
followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
1. READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING.
2. To protect against risk of electric shock, do not place cord, plug, or base of
appliance in water or any other liquid.
3. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
4. Always unplug from outlet when not in use, before putting on or taking off parts,
and before cleaning.
5. Avoid contact with moving parts. Keep hands, hair, clothing, as well as spatulas
and other utensils away during operation to reduce the risk of injury and/or
damage to the appliance.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after the appliance
malfunctions, or is dropped or damaged in any manner. Return the appliance
to the nearest Cuisinart Repair Center for examination, repair, electrical or
7. The use of attachments not recommended by Cuisinart may cause fire, electric
shock or risk of injuries.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Keep hands and utensils out of freezer bowl while in use to reduce the risk of
injury to persons or to the appliance itself. DO NOT USE SHARP OBJECTS
OR UTENSILS INSIDE THE FREEZER BOWL! Sharp objects will scratch and
damage the inside of the freezer bowl. A rubber spatula or wooden spoon may
be used when the appliance is in the OFF position.
11. This appliance is for household use. Any servicing other than cleaning and user
maintenance should be done only by authorized Cuisinart Repair Personnel.
12. Do not use the freezer bowl on flames, hot plates or stoves. Do not expose to
heat source. Do not wash in dishwasher; doing so may cause risk of fire, electric
shock or injury.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). To reduce the
risk of electric shock, this plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug
does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
This appliance is for household use. Any servicing other than cleaning and user
maintenance should be performed by an authorized service representative.
• Do not immerse base in water.
• To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not disassemble the base. Note: the
base does not contain any user-serviceable parts.
• Repairs should be made only by authorized personnel.
• Check voltage to be sure that the voltage indicated on the name plate agrees with
• Never clean with scouring powders or hard implements.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
1. Ingredient Spout
Pour recipe ingredients through the spout.
Also use to add ingredients, like chips or
nuts, without interrupting the freezing cycle.
2. Easy-lock Lid
Transparent to let you watch the freezing
process as it progresses. Lid is designed
to easily lock to the base.
3. Mixing Arm
Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer
bowl to create frozen dessert or drink.
4. Freezer Bowl
Contains cooling liquid within a double
insulated wall to create fast and even
freezing. Double wall keeps the bowl
cool and at an even temperature.
Contains heavy-duty motor strong enough
to handle ice cream, frozen yogurt,
sherbet, sorbet, and frozen drinks.
6. On/Off Dial
7. Rubber Feet (not shown)
Nonslip feet keep base
stationary during use.
8. Cord Storage (not shown)
Unused cord is easily pushed into the
base to keep counters neat and safe.