QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
● Q : I accidentally ran my microwave oven without any food in it. Is it damaged?
● A : Running the oven empty for a short time will not damage the oven.
However, it is not recommended.
● Q : Can the oven be used with the glass tray or roller guide removed?
● A : No. Both the glass tray and roller guide must always be used in the oven before cooking.
● Q : Can I open the door when the oven is operating?
● A :
The door can be opened anytime during the cooking operation. Then microwave energy will be instantly
switched off and the time setting will maintain until the door is closed and START is touched.
● Q : Why do I have moisture in my microwave oven after cooking?
● A : The moisture on the side of your microwave oven is normal. It is caused by steam form cooking
food heating the cool oven surface.
● Q : Dose microwave energy pass through the viewing screen in the door?
● A : No. The metal screen bounces back the energy to the oven cavity. The holes are made to
allow light to pass through. They do not let microwave energy pass through.
● Q : Why do eggs sometimes pop?
● A : When baking or poaching eggs, the yolk may pop due to steam build-up inside the yolk membrane.
To prevent this, simply pierce the yolk with a toothpick before cooking. Never cook eggs without
piercing their shells.
● Q : Why is standing time recommended after the cooking operation has been completed?
● A : Standing time is very important.
With microwave cooking, the heat is in the food, not in the oven. Many foods build up enough
internal heat to allow the cooking process to continue, even after the food is removed from the
oven. Standing time for joints of meat, large vegetables and cakes allows the inside to cook
completely, without overcooking the outside.
● Q : What does “standing time” mean?
● A : “Standing time” means that food should be removed from the oven and covered for additional time
to allow it to finish cooking. This frees the oven for other cooking.
● Q : Why does my oven not always cook as fast as the microwave cooking guide says?
● A : Check your cooking guide again, to make sure you’ve followed directions exactly ; and to see what
might cause variations in cooking time. Cooking guide times and heat settings are suggestions, to
help prevent over-cooking... the most common problem in getting used to a microwave oven.
Variations in the size, shape and weights and dimensions could require longer cooking time. Use
your own judgement along with the cooking guide suggestions to check whether the food has been
properly cooked just as you would do with a conventional cooker.
● Q : Will the microwave oven be damaged if it operates while empty?
● A : Yes. Never run it empty.
● Q : Can I operate my microwave oven without the turntable or turn the turntable over to hold a large
● A : No. If you remove or turn over the turntable, you will get poor cooking results. Dishes used in your
oven must fit on the turntable.
● Q : Is it normal for the turntable to turn in either direction?
● A : Yes. The turntable rotates clockwise or counterclockwise, depending on the rotation of the motor
when the cooking cycle begins.
● Q : Can I pop popcorn in my microwave oven? How do I get the best results?
● A : Yes. Pop packaged microwave popcorn following manufactures guidelines or use the preset
POPCORN pad. Do not use regular paper bags. Use the “listening test” by stopping the oven as
soon as the popping slows to a “pop” every 1 or 2 seconds. Do not repop unpopped kernels. Do
not pop popcorn in glass cookware.
MCD1311ST(¿ )-1B4HOA 01.10.23 5:2 PM ˘`25